Hero Electric scooter catches fire, company says 'short circuit in power socket'

by IANS |

Bhubaneswar, May 27 (IANS) A Hero Photon Electric scooter in Odisha reportedly caught fire while it was being charged and the incident has left the scooter partially damaged.

According to media reports, the incident was first reported on Wednesday, and the cause is thought to be a short circuit at the power socket from where the electric scooter was being charged overnight.

"When contacted, the customer explained that he heard abnormal cracking sounds and discovered that fumes were coming from the electric switchboard of the home, adjacent to the e-scooter and sparks were continuously falling onto the floor and a can of paint lying nearby," the company said in a statement.

"By the time he went on to switch off the mains and get back to try and put off the fire, it spread and burnt the rear part of the scooter and some household belongings," it added.

The company reportedly mentioned that its technical team later visited the spot and analysed the rear part of the scooter that was burnt.

"The most probable cause of the fire was the AC phase and earth wires of homecoming in contact with each other (causing a) short circuit and the malfunctioning of the fuses that should have cut off in the event of such a short circuit," the company said.

"We have also offered any help to the customer in replacing the burnt parts on a cost basis and thoroughly testing his refurbished scooter for roadworthiness," it added.

Hero Electric is India's one of the leading electric two-wheeler manufacturers, selling a diverse range of electric scooters to a diverse range of customers.

Latest News
Live band performance at Dal Lake to commemorate Independence Day Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 05:03 PM
K'taka BJP urges Cong MLA to apologise to women for 'job over bed' remark Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 05:02 PM
The poet who first called for complete independence, coined 'Inquilab Zindabad' Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:50 PM
Goa Forward demands probe into tur dal wastage issue Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:47 PM
Delhi reports 5th monkeypox case Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:45 PM
Gujarat youth Congress slams Centre over inflation, unemployment Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:43 PM
On his way to celebrate Rakhi, Delhi man's throat slit with Chinese manjha Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:40 PM
TN to commence production of Pongal sarees, dhotis soon Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:37 PM
CBI arrests Revenue Department official in bribe case Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:35 PM
Cong Presidential poll process set to begin this month, no clarity on Rahul's role Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:27 PM
Taliban disperses women's rally in Kabul with warning shots, violence Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 03:51 PM
California chemical leak forces evacuation, freeway closure Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 03:48 PM
Shah Faesal appointed Deputy Secretary in Tourism Ministry Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 03:41 PM
Zelensky proposes extending martial law, general mobilisation Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 03:37 PM
Honey trap case: Upcoming Kannada actor arrested, case against 2 young woman in Karnataka Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 03:19 PM